Forum OpenACS Q&A: Call for OpenACS Social in PDX on Jan 3rd?

Hey all you chilly Northwesterners,

Don and I have been talking about a social in Portland, OR on Friday, Jan 3rd and we were hoping this wouldn't be too late an announcement. How many others in the Great Northwest might be able to join us?

Might a certain someone who shall go nameless other than the hint of "Tom Jackson in Seattle" be able to make it? Jade? Torben? How about it folks!?!

talli

Collapse
Posted by Tom Jackson on

Wow, I would love to come down! I just need to check with the boss (um, wife). Fortunately I drove down to San Diego and back this Summer, so Portland now seems so close.

What is the plan?

Hope everyone has a 'tight' New Year.

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Probably 6 PM or 7 PM at the Lucky Labrador, the same place we've done this before. Talli's in charge, though ...
Collapse
Posted by Bart Teeuwisse on
Will there also be a Bay Area Social in the week of Jan 6th?
Collapse
Posted by Talli Somekh on
Yeah, let's say the Lucky Labrador at 7PM on Friday, Jan 3rd.

Bart, yes, let's have reschedule the Bay Area social for next week. What's a good meeting point? Which side of the Bay, that is?

talli

Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
I won't be able to make it to this one. Hope you all have a good time, though. 😊
Collapse
Posted by Jerry Asher on
It's a nice sunny week in the Bay Area but I find myself driving to Seattle -- where Yahoo insists it's rain for the next week.

So look for me at the Lucky Labrador (or look for me in the rain strewn road casualty list.)

Hey, is this an installfest (say yes!)?

Collapse
Posted by Tom Jackson on

Jerry,

Cool, I mean 'tight'. So are you really in Seattle for the next week on top of making the PDX Social? I can confirm the rain situation, however, it is on and off: it comes in waves. I guess precipitation would be great if you like to ski. We had a six month drought that ended abruply just before Thanksgiving. :(

Collapse
Posted by Vinod Kurup on
OK, 2 things bother me about this whole affair.

1) "Talli's in charge, though ... "
2) I don't know what "tight" means in this context.

Please respond to #2 in the form of an insult to Talli.

Thanks.

PS. To IRC members...  s/\./!!!!!/

Collapse
Posted by Torben Brosten on
Sorry I will not be attending this PDX social. I hope get to one soon...
Collapse
Posted by Tom Jackson on

'Tight' is a drop in replacement for the old word 'cool'. It is rumored (according to my 10 year old) that 'fat' is the new replacement. So for instance, we used to say:

Talli is a cool a** guy!

But now we should say either:

Talli is a tight a** guy! ..or..

Talli is a fat a** guy!

Is that good enough Vinod?

--

p.s. Happy New Year Talli, see you tomorrow!

Collapse
Posted by Talli Somekh on
Might I remind you all that this is a forum for an open source software project and *not* a fanzine about talli? As a massive fan of that Great Man, I am quite aware of how easily the line may blur so I can only advise persistent vigilence.

btw, Tom, it's "PHat" not "Fat". Don't embarrass your daughter with such a silly faux paus. Soon she will be in junior high and will not be as forgiving as she is in elementary school.

talli

Collapse
Posted by Tom Jackson on

I'm already quite an embarrassment, as you well know! I'll be in Portland early, leaving now (2:40). If I don't show up, inform the proper authorities.