Forum OpenACS Development: eCommerce: New payment method: Transfer to bank account

Please see below the enhancements. To whom should we send the eCommerce enhanced?

In addition to credit card payment, money transfer to the shop owners bank account is possible.

Information about the bank account to receive customer payments must be defined (/shop/admin/bank-accounts/edit) and is stored in table ec_bank_accounts.

Payment information, i.e. bank account and the billing address, is stored in table ec_bank_transfers for each order payable by transfer to bank account.

Bank transfers can be enabled using this package parameter:

* BankTransferP: 1
Payment authorization user interface for bank transfers

Since there is no automatic payment gateway for authorization of bank transfers, orders payable using transfers to the shop owners bank account must be authorized manually for shipment (/shop/authorize) after payment has been received at the specified bank account.

This user interface requires the

write
permission for the user at the package level. Optional secure connection

For configurations where the E-Commerce package is installed behind a reverse proxy, secured communication (HTTPS) between these systems is not a requirement as communication between both takes place in a secure environment.

Until now HTTPS was required for shopping cart checkout, e.g. credit card information.

To disable secure communication between the reverse proxy and the E-Commerce shop, define the package parameters as follows:

* RequireSecureConnectionP: 0
    * InsecureLocation: http://aolserver-host[:port]
    * SecureLocation: http://aolserver-host[:port]
Any further configuration steps for secured communication with users must take place on the reverse proxy system.
Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Is this written using the payment gateway package?  We don't want to clutter e-commerce with specific payment methods, that's the whole point of the service contract-based payment gateway package.  If the methods needed to support a new payment type aren't handled by the payment gateway contract we'll extend the contract.

If you hack e-commerce directly there are two results

1. other packages that want to handle payments can't use the new scheme you've embedded in e-commerce, which means someone else will either have to generalize your code and write a proper payment gateway or to otherwise hack your code to make use of it.

2. We're unlikely to adopt your changes into our standard code base unless you have an iron-clad case proving that writing a standard payment gateway package is infeasible for this settlement method.

The payment gateway stuff's been there for months, we really need to use it ...

I'm with Don on this one.

/Bart

Hello Gregor,

Can you let me know what you decided to do with the code you guys developed. I am looking for similar functionality for a particular site. Would it be possible to get a copy of the code you guys have developed?

Don/Bart

Any pointers where to start looking at extending the functionality of the payment gateway, to be able to cater for transfers to a bank account

TIA
Geert