Forum OpenACS Development: Re: eCommerce: New payment method: Transfer to bank account

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Is this written using the payment gateway package?  We don't want to clutter e-commerce with specific payment methods, that's the whole point of the service contract-based payment gateway package.  If the methods needed to support a new payment type aren't handled by the payment gateway contract we'll extend the contract.

If you hack e-commerce directly there are two results

1. other packages that want to handle payments can't use the new scheme you've embedded in e-commerce, which means someone else will either have to generalize your code and write a proper payment gateway or to otherwise hack your code to make use of it.

2. We're unlikely to adopt your changes into our standard code base unless you have an iron-clad case proving that writing a standard payment gateway package is infeasible for this settlement method.

The payment gateway stuff's been there for months, we really need to use it ...

I'm with Don on this one.

/Bart

Hello Gregor,

Can you let me know what you decided to do with the code you guys developed. I am looking for similar functionality for a particular site. Would it be possible to get a copy of the code you guys have developed?

Don/Bart

Any pointers where to start looking at extending the functionality of the payment gateway, to be able to cater for transfers to a bank account

TIA
Geert