Forum OpenACS Improvement Proposals (TIPs): Re: TIP #35: (Proposed) Relax Two Milestone Criteria for OpenACS 5.0.0 Release Candidate

Sorry to have spoken inaccurately.  Though my reasoning stands whether .LRN is actaully decoupling or going to consider decoupling we should provide them with accurate information and 5.0 has a great deal of value without the upgrade.

This TIP has not passed yet and though my vote was pragmatic, I really really hope we do not have to release without a well tested upgrade path.

Any one who has a site they can try upgrading and has time in the next week please do. Dave will be publishing new instructions probably tomorrow.

BTW: I consider decoupling of the .LRN release from OACS releases part of a move away from monolithic releases. I do not belive its a negative thing at all.

Hi Caroline, I think the ultimate goal in the end is to release an OpenACS core and have packages evolve independently, though we always ship stable versions of each package with the core.

As .LRN after all is *just* a package (technically spoken), this would allow a decoupling.

Anyway, I might be wrong and it would be good to have a TIP about both the decoupling and the package evolvement *after the release(s)*.

I am calling for a full vote by the OCT on the first part of this tip, "Tranlations" criterion for 5.0.0. If you are an OCT member, please vote by posting in this forum. This is a strictly binary vote, so your options are YES (the criterion should be relaxed) or NO (the current criterion should be retained). According to our rules, if this TIP accumulates 2/3 YES votes in two weeks, it passes. Otherwise, it is rejected.
Just in case my previous YES is not counted: YES
YES, relax translation criteria.
With six yes votes, the TIP is approved.
Are both criteria relaxed, or just the translation part?