Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Problem Installing BCMS on 5.0.2

Collapse
Posted by Jun Yamog on
Hi Steve,

If bcms-ui-base is not yet properly setup.  That means it still does not know which root folder and template folder it uses.  It will redirect to /admin.  This is where you set the root folder and template folder.  Normally you would want to create a sub folder for each and set those.  But it can serve the content from CR's root folder.

I am not sure when DaveB will put xcms on cvs.  This will be the next ver. of bcms-ui-base.

Collapse
Posted by Steve Manning on
Hi Jun

I have set the root folder to /content and the template folder to /templates. /content is also the mount point for bcms-ui-base. I'm not sure if this is correct but this way it picks up the index.vuh file.

If I make the root folder point to another CR folder such as /stuff and I then ask for that url - www.foo.bar/stuff - what should I expect to see cos all I get is 'file not found'? How do I add initial content to the root folder?

<btw should copy /packages/bcms-ui-base/templates to /templates not /www/templates.> Yes that is what I have becuase by default /www/ is the page root.

Thanks

- Steve