Forum .LRN Q&A: Modules Missing.
I just installed dotlrn 1.0 with OpenACS 4.6.1-b2 and Oracle 8.1.7.
The following modules are missing.
The Homework Dropbox and portlet
The Simple Survey module
The Advanced Survey Modules
The Event Management
Which version of dotlrn are these in?
Homework Dropbox and Simple Survey should be part of dotLRN v1.0. We do use it in SloanSpace. I need to check whether it's been incorporated in the dotLRN v1.0 code base.
Event management is under development and should be available in a couple of months as part of dotLRN v1.0 release.
The Advanced Survey module has not been developed and still needs funding.
Does the Homework dropbox at Sloan allow instructors to rate and give feedback easily to the student who left the essay or whatever homework that is?
It allows professors and graders to upload comment/correction files which the student can then read. It's a simple extension to the file storage package so isn't necessarily the most elegant solution in the world but it is easy to use.
I have secured *some* funding for Complex Survey (I hope it can be a combined funding effort like the Greenpeace/Heidelberg/MIT Workflow work was) and will start to get that going after dotLRN 1.0 comes out (do not have time beforehand anyhow). This is something I will bring up in April (in Copenhagen).
Lars recently committed an events module to the OpenACS CVS that he is using at his company site to manage the dotLRN/OpenACS events coming up in Copenhagen ( http://www.collaboraid.biz/events/ ). I have taken a quick look at it and it is nice.
- Sectioning. You can split up your survey in multiple sections.
- Branching. Depending on an answer to a question you are redirected to different sections.
- Public. Survey's can be public, which means they can be answered by anyone (even unregistered users).
- Finished_p. Once you have sections you have the problem of defining whether a survey has been answered completely (as sections allow people to fill out a compley survey in multiple stages).
- Delete. Unsure if it's already there, but we will have the possibility to delete surveys.
- Some fancy new styles for surveys (adding graphics as possible answers, multiple layers (e.g quality and importance) of multiple choice questions.