Forum OpenACS Forum Summaries: Q&A 2004-10-27
OpenACS Q&A Forum Summary: 10/27/2004(Note: Q&A Forum summaries are made on Monday and Thursdays. Comments on editorial style welcomed. If you really want everything, read the whole forum yourself.)
- There was some discussion about what OS to choose for the new server for OpenACS.org.
- Jeff Davis found the part of code that was causing openacs.org to run so slowly.
- Orzenil Silva Junior described how well OpenACS and dotLRN have been working.
- OpenACS Core 5.1.2 has been released!
- Anny Flores is having issues with upgrading on Oracle, due to apm_package_version.upgrade_p not returning correctly.
- Michael Steigman is making some UI updates on the old CMS package.
- Jade Rubick released a major upgrade to project manager: 2.50 beta 1
- Frank Bergmann released Project/Open 3.0 alpha.
- Steve Manning wanted to know how to turn off the link to register on his site. This is a feature now available in OpenACS 5.1.2.
- Michael Bluett asked if OpenACS was compatible with Postgres 8.
- Mel Wilton has developed a task visualization tool for project manager, and is looking for feedback on the UI.
- Andrew Piskorski started a conversation on what was better for a small ecommerce site: Yahoo Store or OpenACS Ecommerce.
- Anindya Adhikari wants to know how to set up a single sign in with Windows and OpenACS.
- Glenn Leuders asked for help getting started.
- Simon M was having problems listening to more than one port on Aolserver with a port under 1024.
- Running ADP/TCL pages without any interference
- Using ns_register_proc with SSL
- Bug with the close my account feature.
- 83 (+1) open patches (oldest patch: 10/3/2003, personal responsible Lars Pinds)
- 574 (-1) open bugs (oldest bug: 11/12/2002)
- 162 (+8) resolved bugs
- 1405 (+0) closed bugs
- 12 (+0) open openacs.org bugs