Forum OpenACS Development: tests cases fail on a 5.5 fresh installation
Package key Testcases run / Passes / Fails = Result acs-admin 2 / 3 / 0 = OK acs-api-browser 1 / 1 / 0 = OK acs-authentication 24 / 227 / 2 = FAILED acs-automated-testing 1 / 0 / 0 = OK acs-content-repository 8 / 48 / 1 = FAILED acs-lang 16 / 358 / 0 = OK acs-messaging 2 / 2 / 0 = OK acs-service-contract 1 / 1 / 0 = OK acs-subsite 4 / 5 / 0 = OK acs-tcl 73 / 373 / 5 = FAILED acs-templating 6 / 50 / 1 = FAILED
It's bad that 4 core packages fail their tests, isn't it?
2. acs-tcl which tests are failing? I ran them before release and didn't get these errors.
3. acs-content-repository - that didn't fail for me, either
4. acs-authentication - two tests fail if you're not using external authentication. These could be cleaned up but since it's a known issue, thus far no one has bothered.
acs-templating has no problem running on my machine. Please look and see which test fails - it might be due to problems with spell checking (the tests will fail if ispell or aspell aren't installed). It's also possible that the spell checking test will only pass in English. But please look, I'm only guessing that spell checking might be an issue.
Same with the acs-tcl tests, you should only see the one error mentioned above.
It's possible your problems are related to 10g, since I have no problem with 9i.
It's bad that 4 core packages fail their tests, isn't it?Yes. This is why I asked people to
1. test the alpha release
2. test the beta release
This ALWAYS HAPPENS. People wait until I release FINAL to test, rather than test the test versions.
Anyway, post whatever you learn by looking at the test details. Unless the problems you've uncovered are extremely important and fatal, I will NOT be making a new final release.
Looking into more detail my automated tests results... the main problem is about something called "msgcat 1.4"
You are right that acs-authentication fails if you're not using external authentication, for instance..
- auth::password::recover_password proc FAILED: status ok Affirm FAILED, actual = "failed_to_connect", expected = "ok"
- auth::password::retrieve proc FAILED: retrieve pwd from local auth Affirm FAILED, actual = "failed_to_connect", expected = "ok"
I've got another test fail, that now is magically fixed (by itself?) just re-running the test cases, the previous to last one pass said: FAILED: Number of problems Affirm FAILED, actual = "6", expected = "0". Anyway, no bother about that.
acs-content-repository/tcl/test/content-search-procs.tcl, the problem is:
cr_item_search_triggers (body 0): Error during execution: Setup failed with error can't find package msgcat 1.4 can't find package msgcat 1.4 while executing "package require msgcat 1.4"
- util::age_pretty proc FAILED: can't find package msgcat 1.4
- Test case datamodel__named_constraints...
- FAILED: Table pg_ts_cfg constraint pg_ts_cfg_pkey (pk) violates naming standard (hint: pg_ts_cfg_ts_name_pk)
- FAILED: Table pg_ts_cfgmap constraint pg_ts_cfgmap_pkey (pk) violates naming standard (hint: pg_ts_cfgmap_pk)
- FAILED: Table pg_ts_dict constraint pg_ts_dict_pkey (pk) violates naming standard (hint: pg_ts_dict_dict_name_pk)
- FAILED: Table pg_ts_parser constraint pg_ts_parser_pkey (pk) violates naming standard (hint: pg_ts_parser_prs_name_pk)
- sql_date test sql date transform FAILED: can't find package msgcat 1.4
Not sure how to upgrade msgcat to 1.4 in order to test OpenACS 5.5.
Thanks in advance
So it looks like your AOLserver is using a different version of Tcl than your local Tcl install and it can't find the msgcat library.
Test case datamodel__named_constraints...
FAILED: Table pg_ts_cfg constraint pg_ts_cfg_pkey (pk) violates naming standard (hint: pg_ts_cfg_ts_name_pk)
FAILED: Table pg_ts_cfgmap constraint pg_ts_cfgmap_pkey (pk) violates naming standard (hint: pg_ts_cfgmap_pk)
FAILED: Table pg_ts_dict constraint pg_ts_dict_pkey (pk) violates naming standard (hint: pg_ts_dict_dict_name_pk)
FAILED: Table pg_ts_parser constraint pg_ts_parser_pkey (pk) violates naming standard (hint: pg_ts_parser_prs_name_pk)
Goshawk:openacs-5.5.0 acs$ grep -r -l pg_ts_cfg .This table is not part of acs-core.
Where is it coming from?
We don't use it in OpenACS, as daveb's pointing out.
This is not a problem with the OpenACS 5.5.0 release.
So, please... I ask a forum moderator to change the title of this thread from "tests cases fail on a 5.5 fresh installation" to "tests cases fail with Tcl8.5" or something similar.
Just for the record, I have to say that the problem was that I was using Tcl8.5.7 with AOLServer 4.5.1, and although that's fine with OpenACS itself, TESTS cases don't work well with Tcl8.5 due to msgcat is now compiled as a module, and some tests use a file from tcltest where msgcat is called, but is not found.
Anyway, I have recompiled AOLServer with Tcl8.4.19 and everything works well.
The other issue, about pg_ts_* tables is related with Tsearch. Those tables are in my template1, so they appear in OpenACS database when I create it.
Please check everything is OK.