Package Specification Summary for Package: contacts
|Summary:||This application lets you collaboratively view, edit and categorize contacts.|
|Description:||Contacts is an application for managing all those people and or organization you need to keep track of. It has a complete UI for storing and categorizing contacts. Each contact can have an arbitrary number of custom attributes associated with it, including other contacts (i.e. a certain contact "belongs" to a certain organization). It also functions as a service contract provider for attributes related to users in your system|
|Maturity:||New Submission or Maturity Unknown|
|This package depends on:||acs-datetime acs-events acs-tcl acs-mail-lite ams ref-countries categories general-comments mail-tracking notifications organizations ajaxhelper|
|Packages that depend on contacts:||accounts-ledger contacts-portlet invoices tasks|
Bug Tracker Summary for Package: contacts
|Latest Bug Opened:||2009-03-19 add person|
|Latest Bug Fixed:||2006-12-05 Installation of 1.0d26 fails.|
|Top Bug Submitters:||Alex Kroman (10) Richard Hamilton (2) Malte Sussdorff (2) Michele Slocovich (1) Matthew Geddert (1)|
|Top Bug Fixers:||Malte Sussdorff (10) Matthew Geddert (5) Dave Bauer (1) Jade Rubick (1) Richard Hamilton (1)|
Code Metrics Summary for Package: contacts
|# Tcl Procs||224|
|# Tcl Lines||10426|
|# Automated Tests||0|
|# Stored Procedures||PG: 0 ORA: 0|
|# SQL Lines||PG: 0 ORA: 0|
|# ADP pages||55|
|# ADP lines||744|
|# Include pages (contacts/lib/)||49|
|# Documentation pages||0|
|# Documentation lines||0|
|Browse Source||Not installed|
As a lot of people have asked for it, here is a tentative release plan:
- Launch last client site of the current batch on 20th of April.
- Upgrade existing clients until 23rd of April.
- Wait for errors until 26th of April.
- Merge contacts to 5.2 branch
- Release by 30th of April.
- Contacts is subsite and package instance aware
- Contacts makes sure all persons and organizations are cr_items
- Performance improvements on searches
- New searches
- Last Interaction
- Customer / Client_id
- Annual reoccurance (for searching for things such as birthdates or anniversaries)
- Support for letter (html/css), letterhead (html/css), label (pdf)and envelope (pdf) printing in mass mailings
- Support for OpenOffice mailings resulting in a PDF document
Mail Tracking offers a feature called mail-through. If the OpenACS system has been properly setup to receive incoming e-mails, mail-through allows you to track replies from users who received an e-mail through contacts in the mail-tracking package as well.
- Release :-)
- Mass mailings of OpenOffice documents
- Integration into the registration process
- Allowing individual users to update their own records (for the groups where this is enabled).
- Integration into the various community-member pages
- Convince others not to use individual packages like Photobook or Assessment for storing person and/or organization related information. Or how would you answer the question "Show me all parents of my students that are paying for the tuition and have birthday in the next three days so I can send them a birthday card"
- ability to sync with contact managers, palm pda's etc