Before OpenACS 5.8.1, DotLRN installations required a different installer than its base system OpenACS. There was no way for an end-user to upgrade from an existing OpenACS installation to DotLRN without loosing data, or to make hybrid installations (maybe in the future to use e.g. as well components from Project Open, etc.).
Starting with OpenACS 5.8.1 (and DotLRN 2.8.0) one can upgrade from OpenACS to DotLRN via the standard OpenACS package manager. Therefore, one easy approach to install DotLRN 2.8.0 is to install first a minimal OpenACS system and upgrade in a second step:
- Install OpenACS 5.8.1. For details, check out openacs-system-install.
- On the running OpenACS system
- browse to YOUR_SYSTEM/acs-admin/
- Click on "Install Software"
- Click on "Install from Repository"
- select "dotLRN" and click on the button "Install..."
This will install dotLRN with the required core components. More packages can be installed a some later times if desired.
Install instructions for .LRN 2.5.0.
For platforms like Linux/Ubuntu, Linux/Debian, FreeBSD or Windows, one can use the packaged solutions installing separate databases for DotLRN and OpenACS:
- OpenACS/dotLRN Windows Installer Installation Instructions
- Installing dotLRN on debian
- Installing dotLRN on Ubuntu
- Installing dotLRN on FreeBSD (ports)