Simple Content Creator / Editor
The Content Package aims to be a simple tool for content creation in the educational context.
- Provides a simple interface to create web pages (a no-brainer 1 click), and easily include and manipulate web assets such as flash, videos, images, etc.
- Provides a web template, easy to manage, similar to a PPT template but with built in navigation (sequential navigation, tab based organization, sub tabs supported and per unit / module navigation).
- Folder, subfolders, pages ordering.
- Free of "standards" approaches, so professors with basic word knowledge can use it.
- Auto scroll (focus navigation on the content area).
- It provides portlets for .LRN
The Content Package is based in XOWiki, since it is a very well maintained tool, and have many of the desired features such as: easy content tool (plus the advantage that a wiki tools is becoming more and more common), directories, versioning, flexible built-in features to handle content more easily (including positioning and segmentation), basic template management, variables, multi-language support.
The Content Package is a configuration package with a set of scripts, xowiki is left unmodified for Content to work.
Check Galileo University promotional video (in Spanish).
Application architecture design by Byron & Rocael, development by Byron for Galileo University.
Try it at:
Check the manuals (in Spanish).
- Provide collaborative content creation tools while being able to set up roles easily.
- Integrate to SCORM / LORS
How to install
xowiki 0.47 +
xotcl 0.47 +
ltree module for PostgreSQL.
- Install ltree module for postgres.
- Obtain packages: content-portlet, dotlrn-content, xowiki,xotcl-core
- Move the files of content-portlet/misc/www/* to xowiki/www/
- Move the files of content-portlet/misc/admin/* to xowiki/www/admin
- Move the files of content-portlet/misc/portlets/* to xowiki/www/portlets/
- Go to acs-admin/apm
- Choose "install-packages"
- Install xotcl-core, xowiki , content-portlet, dotlrn-content
- If xowiki is already installed, reload xowiki
- Restart the server.
- Activate the applet in one course.
Install the content applet in dotlrn will:
- Place the xowiki (INSTANCIA) that will be used with the following personalized characteristics.
- extra_css : /resources/content-portlet/template/Gestheme.css
- security_policy: ::xowiki::policyb
- template_file: ges-view
- Kind of created pages.
- ::xowiki::Page : Index for welcoming to the main application: content-portlet/www/prototypes/gestemplate/GesTemplateIndex.page
- ::xowiki::Object :
- Default object whit the name folder_id in which the use of Xhina editor is configured.
- es:o_index : Object which manages the presentation of the index page depending on the kind of user.
- es:Template_de_ges Web template that manages the presentation and navegation of the future content pages that will be created.
- es:Template_de_header: Template which manages the edition of the content titles.
- ::xowiki::PageInstance :
- es:header_page : used to entry the heading of the future content pages.
Source : content-portlet/www/prototypes/gestemplate/GesTemplateheaderpage.page
- Creation of the content index that will be used: this content index is composed of the following categories:
- Unit or chapter
The template es:Template_de_ges manages the final presentation of the created content pages.
The web template used, is based in three navigation levels.
- Unit or module
This template is built with a series of scripts, which are responsible of the navigation of every section, is divided in: header, module navigation, section navigation, subsections navigation, navigation between pages and content.
The navigation is controlled by their respectives scripts located in content-portlet/www/
And they are:
unit-navbar: Checks the navigation between units or modules.
Navbar and complete-navbar: Checks the navigation between sections in the web template.
complete-titlebar, next, home: These are the elements that conform and check the horizontal navigation bar between content pages for one section or subsection.
Subnavbar and complete-subnavbar: These elements check the navigation between subsections.
Each one of these are part of the web template and provides us a graphic simple way to navigate between content pages.
content-portlet/www/prototypes/gestemplate : Provides the content of the diferents pages of xowiki created automatically by adding the applet in a course.
content-portlet/www/resources : It contains the graphic part of the web template that is being used. (images, estiles, etc.)
There is an improved version of this package called Learning Content.