OpenACS/dotLRN Windows Installer Instructions
NOTE: Currently (06/2017), the best option to get OpenACS 5.9.* running on Windows is to use the native windows installation Windows-OpenACS by Spazio IT (Maurizio Martignano).
This page describes the installation of (quite old) components based on cygwin, but might still be useful for people, that can't use Maurizio's implementation for whatever reason:
- OpenACS 5.2.3
- DotLRN 2.2.0
- AOLServer 4.0.beta10_2003
- PostgresSQL 7.4.3
- OpenACS 5.2.3
- DotLrn 2.2.0
Installer Download :
The installer is available in openacs community page.
- OpenACS/dotLRN installer
- OpenACS 5.2.0 installer
Run the "OpenACS/DotLRN Installer" called setup.exe, read the license document before continuing, the installer will ask for some information, this will be used to make the automatic installation.
There are to ways to install the components; manually or automatic
- dotLRN Manual and openACS Manual:
- In this modality the entered personal data in the installer will be omitted and will be necessary to retake the installation from a browser window and enter the necessary data to continue the creation of the data modeling.
- dotLRN Automatic and openACS Automatic
- In this modality the installer its in charge of all the work, when finishing creating the data model the following step would be to reinitiate the service and continue with the use of the platform.
- Source Code:
- The installer will put in the installation folder the source code of the same one.
Select what you want to install and click next. After the installer places all the files, a browser window will be opened and the installation have to be continued from here, if the automatic mode has been selected wait to the installation finishes. When the installation finishes restart the server and type in a web browser "http://localhost"
- OpenACS on the web: access to http://localhost/
- Start Server: Bach file to initiate the server (aolserver, postgresql, cygwim)
- Stop Server: Bach file to stop the server (aolserver, postgresql, cygwin)
- Unistall OpenACS: Uninstall all
- Check if CygWin: Please execute the file server/cygwin/cygwin.bat. You should get a black screen with some green text saying: "yourusername@yourcomputer" and the "$".
- Check PostgreSQL: in the cygwin window typy psql -l , You should get the names of all data base.
- Check AOLServer: ps -alW | grep nsd , You should get some thing like this
- 2312 0 0 2312 ? 0 07:52:20 C:\OpenACS\nsd4\bin\nsd.exe
developed at the Galileo University (www.galileo.edu) by Byron Haroldo Linares Roman firstname.lastname@example.org as part of the E-LANE project (www.e-lane.org)