OpenACS/.LRN for Debian
Packages of OpenACS and .LRN are now available for Debian GNU/Linux. We hope to facilitate the adoption by novices and the infrastructure deployment by professional users, both running Debian GNU/Linux and its derivatives. Our packaging activity explicitly targets Debian GNU/Linux stable, testingand unstable. Important dependencies are co-maintained with the Debian Tcl/Tk Maintainers.
See also OpenACS for Ubuntu.
Please, review the section on supported distributions first. Currently, the core packages (openacs, dotlrn) and their dependencies are included into the official Debian GNU/Linux repositories.
- (optional) Provide for a PostgreSQL environment: If you don't have a PostgreSQL installation at hand, provide one. You do not need to care about setting up a concrete data base. This is automatically done by the OpenACS and dotlrn post-install instructions. For further PostgreSQL-related set-up issue, see ...
apt-get install postgresqlIf you run a remote PostgreSQL instance, remember to allow for access of the PostgreSQL Administrator (postgres) and the openacs/dotlrn user from machine hosting your OpenACS/.LRN installation.
- Install the core packages and follow the on-screen instructions:
# OpenACS apt-get install openacs... or ...
# .LRN apt-get install dotlrn
- (optional) To change IP address and port of the instance, please edit the file:
# OpenACS /etc/openacs/openacs.sh # dotLRN /etc/dotlrn/dotlrn.sh
(optional) To control the instance using daemontools, please install the daemontools debian packages and follow the instructions on the file:
# OpenACS /usr/share/doc/openacs/README.daemontools # dotLRN /usr/share/doc/dotlrn/README.daemontools
Next Steps, After Basic Installation (above)
- Héctor Romojaro
- Stefan Sobernig
- Avni M. Khatri
- Carl R. Blesius
Packages maintained by Debian Tcl/Tk Maintainers
Packages co-maintained by OCT & Debian Tcl/Tk Maintainers
Please, for getting in contact and reporting issues, consider ...
- ... posting to the OpenACS developer forum, or
- ... filling a bug on the Debian bug tracking system
- ... mailing to debian_at_openacs.org