OACS Theming Project
XoWiki is getting to the point where we are going to be ready to use that live as our homepage.
However before we consider making XoWiki our website CMS, we need to consider the idea of theming first.
Some ideas on how theming would work:
The basic idea is the use of translation keys. so you have something like this #theme.add_icon# and then your theme package has the translation of that to <img src="/resources/mytheme/add.gif">
This is a two step process:
1. Create a theme example to prove the idea.
2. Set a time line to fix all packages to incorporate the fix.
Keys to success:
1. Inclusion into the toolkit as an idea everyone agrees on
2. Write up Docs on how to create themes
3. Create a repo of themes one could download.
4. Maybe make a package that creates a dummy theme package you can then use to setup a new theme.
Proposed requirements for dev time:
approx 8 hours, half writing the code and designing a theme, half writing documentation
- Yahoo CSS Grids The CSS Grids are part of the YUI LIbrary which is BSD licensed. We include some Yahoo AJAX code in the Ajax Helper package.